Injured Workers Association of Utah
Injured Workers
Association of Utah

Take Action
Third Party Claims
Social Security
Occ. Disease

Join Together We Can
Make a Difference

Links Usefull Links for
Injured Workers

Contact Attorney Get Legal Advice
From an Attorney

Uninsured Employers

If you are injured while working for an employer without workers compensation insurance, you are still eligible for benefits. File a claim with the Labor Commission. Either the employer will paid the claim directly or, if the employer is not financially able to pay the claim, a state fund, the Uninsured Employer’s Fund, will pay the claim. In either case, it takes time to sort through the legal issues, so contact the Labor Commission immediately.

Unfortunately, employers are often frightened by a claim when they are uninsured and may lie about your employment status or the injury. If such complicated disputes are involved, contact an attorney for assistance.

[Next Page: Third Party Claims]

[Home Page]---[Information & Frequently Asked Questions]
[Join IWAU and Make A Difference]---[Helpful Links]
[Contact an Attorney for a Free Consultation]

(Chartered April 1, 1988)

The Injured Workers Association of Utah (IWAU) is a Utah non-profit corporation concerned with over 70,000 injured, disabled and displaced workers each year who suffer the financial and personal hardships occasioned by industrial injuries and occupational diseases in Utah. It is neither union nor non-union, and represents all members of the workforce. Its membership is open to all injured workers regardless of race, creed, color, age, sex, national origin, religious persuasion or political affiliation

d.atkin originals
copyright 1999 - updated March 2005

Visit these other d. atkin original websites:
Empty Bowls: fundraiser to feed the hungry
Clay Arts: artist images and information
The Flat Earth: original music by Tom Cram
Cypher Records: original music
Friction Studios: Utah's best indie studio